Ceremony: Church of San Giusto, Volterra
Reception: Agriturismo Natura e Salute, Località Vagli, Libbiano di S.Gimignano
Photographers: Simone Stanislai – Vittorio Marrucci
A young and bubbly wedding, during a hot day of summer in Volterra. Many emotions and a genuine spontaneity accompanied every moment. Volterra and its monuments have been again the privileged scene in this memorable day. The friends of the couple seasoned it all with lot of fun and a touch of crazyness. A brief selection of this wonderful day.
Santi Giusto e Clemente is an ancient church in Volterra. It is also known as San Giusto or San Giusto Nuovo. An ancient church on the site, built at least by the 7th century, previously was called San Giusto in Botro, built over the tombs of Saints Giusto and Clemente. Construction of the present stone church was begun on October 28, 1628, based on designs by the architect Giovanni Coccapani, which were carried out by his pupil Ludovico Incontri. The new church was finally consecrated in 1775. Gated inside the choir, the church contains an ancient altar, inscribed with the names of Cunincpert, 7th-century king of the Lombards, and the steward of the bishop Gaudenziano Alchis, founder of the first temple dedicated to St Giusto.